Tuesday, December 27, 2005

22 Hours and Counting...

So, this is the pre-announcement, first-ever posting in this blog. The excitement level is building.

This country was founded on the belief in government BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE. Unfortunately, over the past 200 years, it has morphed into a system where a special class of people run everything. It's now a government BY THE POLITICIANS, FOR THE POLITICIANS.

The average American citizen is so far removed from the running of the country that half of them don't even vote anymore. The professional politicians have created a closed-end system, where replacements are indoctrinated at a young age, groomed for office, and then placed there by the power wielded by our two-party system.

Plus, the people in this "ruling class" are also some of the wealthiest people in the country. The majority of our representatives live a lifestyle that only a small percentage of their constituents live. The rich have taken over - it takes hundreds millions of dollars to run a presidential campaign. This traditionally means that only the millionaires can run for office.

I want to change all that.

I am not a politician. I'm not a rich man. I'm an average joe. I work a regular day job, and I have a working wife, and three kids. And, I want to represent YOU.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home